What Are the Benefits of Using a Toothstick?
Removes Bad Breath:
Bad breath is known as the condition of halitosis, is also eliminated if you use a toothstick for rubbing the teeth and gums. The refreshing and antibacterial property of Miswak helps you to get rid of the bad breath. Also, it increases the saliva production
Strengthen The Gums:
There are various gum diseases from which you may suffer if you don’t take proper care of the oral cavity. Disease like gingivitis (swelling and inflammation in the gums) is extremely painful. The gums are the only thing holding in your teeth. Use a toothstick instead of any other teeth cleaning method to strengthen your gums. Rub along the gums all over, back and front, especially where the teeth emerge from the gumline.
Protect Against Germs:
There are some bad bacterias or germs in the mouth which destroy the gums giving ways to various gum diseases. Using a toothstick regularly can help your teeth fight against those bad bacteria thereby, strengthening the gums.
Good To Treat Plaque:
Plaque is the colourless bacteria that forms on the teeth. Regular brushing removes the same however, a deposit of it causes ‘tartar’ which can worsen the teeth health and cause gum problems or teeth loss in future. Using a toothstick regularly helps in the removal of plaque due to its antibacterial properties.
PREVENTION • MAINTENANCE • REPAIR
• teeth whitening
• pigment removal
• killing off caries-associated bacteria
• bad breath neutralization
• polished teeth effect
• treatment and prevention of gum disease, canker sores and oral herpes
• balancing the pH in your mouth
• creates a fragrance in the mouth
• help in reversing tooth decay
• increases salivation and hence inhibits dry mouth (Xerostomia)
• rebuilding cracked tooth enamel
• natural remineralisation of tooth enamel
• caries and dental plaque reduction/prevention
• possibility to brush your teeth anywhere and in any situation
• living more sustainably and ecologically
why keep the stick on a PEG and
why NOT in an airtight container?
• bacteria will breed, creating mould, which also breaks down the fibres
• where is my stick? where did i leave it. have you seen my toothstick?
• if the stick is hanging on the wall next to your keys, you will remember to take it with you
• teeth cleaning is meant to be done when you are resting or relaxing or even laying down on the bed or floor. it is a pleasurable relaxing pastime. teeth cleaning is not meant to be done standing up, on the run or when you are in a locked room with people bashing on the door telling you to “hurry up! i want to use the bathroom!”